Call for Papers
– Institute for Systems and Technologies of Information, Control and Communication
is sponsored by
The purpose of SIGMAP 2015, the International Conference on Signal Processing and Multimedia Applications, is to bring together researchers, engineers and practitioners interested on information systems and applications in the context of Signal Processing, including theory and practice in the field of telecommunications, image, video, audio, biometrics, etc., and Multimedia Applications related to representation, storage, authentication and communication of multimedia information.
The signal processing field, when combined with multimedia information encompasses a large number of research topics and emerging applications.
Each of these topic areas is expanded below but the sub-topics list is not exhaustive. Papers may address one or more of the listed sub-topics, although authors should not feel limited by them. Unlisted but related sub-topics are also acceptable, provided they fit in one of the following main topic areas:
1. MULTIMEDIA AND COMMUNICATIONS
2. MULTIMEDIA SIGNAL PROCESSING
3. MULTIMEDIA SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS
AREA 1: MULTIMEDIA AND COMMUNICATIONS
- MPEG Standards and related issues
- Digital Audio and Video Broadcasting
- Architecture and Protocols
- Interactive Multimedia: Games and Digital Television
- Mobile Multimedia (GSM, GPRS, RF, Wi-Fi,…)
- Multimedia Devices
- Multimedia Security and Cryptography
- Performance Measurement and Evaluation, QoS.
AREA 2: MULTIMEDIA SIGNAL PROCESSING
- Multidimensional Signal Processing
- Multimodal Signal Processing
- Biometrics and Pattern Recognition
- Education in Signal Processing
- Image and Video Processing, Compression and Segmentation
- Neural Networks, Spiking Systems, Genetic Algorithms and Fuzzy Logic
- Perceptual/Human Audiovisual System Modeling
- Sensors and Multimedia
AREA 3: MULTIMEDIA SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS
- Authentication and Watermarking
- Distributed Multimedia Systems
- Audio and Video Quality Assessment
- Multimedia Databases, Indexing, Recognition and Retrieval
- E-Learning, E-Commerce and E-Society Applications
- Human-Machine Interface
- Design and Implementation of Signal Processing Systems
- Multimedia Authoring, Editing and Sharing
- Semantic Analysis of Multimedia Data
- 3D Virtual Environments and Surveillance Applications
- Biomedical Applications
- Location Based Applications
ICETE KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
ICETE 2015 will have several invited keynote speakers, who are internationally recognized experts in their areas. Their names are not yet confirmed.
Authors should submit a paper in English, carefully checked for correct grammar and spelling, addressing one or several of the conference areas or topics.
Each paper should clearly indicate the nature of its technical/scientific contribution, and the problems, domains or environments to which it is applicable.
To facilitate the double-blind paper evaluation method, authors are kindly requested to produce and provide the paper WITHOUT any reference to any of the authors,
including the authors’ personal details, the acknowledgments section of the paper and any other reference that may disclose the authors’ identity.
Only original papers should be submitted. Authors are advised to read INSTICC's ethical
norms regarding plagiarism and self-plagiarism thoroughly before
submitting and must make sure that their submissions do not substantially overlap work which has been published elsewhere or simultaneously submitted to a
journal or another conference with proceedings. Papers that contain any form of plagiarism will be rejected without reviews.
Authors can submit their work in the form of a Regular Paper, representing completed and validated research, or as a Position Paper, portraying a short
report of work in progress or an arguable opinion about an issue discussing ideas, facts, situations, methods, procedures or results of scientific research
focused on one of the conference topic areas. All papers must be submitted through the online submission
platform PRIMORIS and should follow the instructions and
templates that can be found under Guidelines and Templates.
After the paper submission has been successfully completed, authors will receive an automatic confirmation e-mail.
All accepted papers will be published in the conference
proceedings, under an ISBN reference, on paper and on CD-ROM support.
SCITEPRESS is a member of CrossRef (http://www.crossref.org/) and every paper is given a DOI (Digital Object Identifier).
All papers presented at the conference venue will be available at the SCITEPRESS Digital Library.
The proceedings will be submitted for indexation by Thomson Reuters Conference Proceedings Citation Index (ISI), INSPEC, DBLP, EI (Elsevier Index) and Scopus.